Tuesday, March 11, 2008

AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A TREE...

***Autobiography of a tree***



Its raining, i am taking birth
The grass is green everywhere
My mother, the fertile earth
will no longer be bare


I am excited to begin
a new life, as i come out
of the seed which i was in
yippee i've begun to sprout..

my roots and shoot are juvenile
they don't have a good grip
and it will take me a while
to ensure that i dont trip

The rain, oh! how fresh i feel
I grow rapidly in happiness
soon i am going to fill
my surrounding with a coolness

sapling, now transformed to a plant
i have stretched to become tall
protect myself from creatures, i can't
coz to surround me, there's no wall

no one harmed me, and i m lucky
i am still blooming with joy
with my life, i am ducky
though, the elements think i am coy

as a lush green tree, now i flourish
my branch is tanned brown
to devour my fruits , all beings wish
i fulfill it by throwing them down


i am all alone, no tree friend
but yet i love my life
birds n squirrels, the number has no end
their appearance on me is rife

children love to play in my shade
travellers n animals sit and rest
the chats they have never fade
how happily they come and jest
all thanks to my circular jade
it protects the birds' nest
peaceful their life, i have made
so my life is not at all a waste

But, something has got to be wrong
everyday the chatter does reduce
the sparrows used to sing a song
but why no more, i ponder, i muse

since some days, when i breathe
i get a suffocation and i cough
suddenly the smoke has started to wreathe
i may no longer remain a buff

this is why there was
a reduction in bird's visits
The pollution is the problem... alas !
its damaged me too with its hits..

my pain continues, but i cant speak
that is the fact which humans know
to achieve their goals n reach apeak
In immense trouble, us they throw

i am dying here
my leaves now shed
still selfish man doesn't care
i think my end is near
i will soon be dead
i'd never thought my mother would be bare

the people, whom i gave peace
forgot all about me
their exhaust, they came to ease
under this very tree...

the rascal man, can't let me decease
a painful yet my own natural death
so he put an axe on me, now i cease
to live and to take a breath.

the cruel man is not yet happy
to cut me to pieces, is his desire
to turn his atmosphere peppy
he will throw me in hungry fire

i am dying now but forgive the heartless
coz even if they dont, i have a heart
this act will make their life a mess
i dont care, coz i take a last breath n to bliss i depart...



--> original by me...
Sanket Karkare
8.3.08

7 comments:

Snehal said...

the poem is as fresh as a new born baby or first drop of rain in a barren land...

keep it up dear...

Unknown said...

true and natural..

Unknown said...

verrry nice 1 &&&& obv a aaa no words very beautiful

Unknown said...

verrry nice 1 &&&& obv a aaa no words very beautiful

Anonymous said...

NICEEEEEEE.IT HELPED ME A LOT.KEEP WRITING.

murali said...

i like it very much

Unknown said...

well written